• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using Magnesium for skipped beats

I've found magnesium to be an excellent tool in my arsenal against my skipped beats. Here's some information I've learnt about magnesium.

Magnesium is essential for good heart health

According to studies a large portion of the population don't get enough magnesium, that isn't to say the same number are deficient though, just that we should be getting more. Magnesium is an electrolyte involved in mediating the hearts rhythm amongst other task such as nerve function and bone health. 

Magnesium supplementation has been proven to help certain patients with arrhythmia

Studies have shown that magnesium can alleviate the frequency of arrhythmia's. Of course there are a large variety of arrhythmia types and it probably won't work for every type.

My personal experience has been positive with magnesium. During the times I had spontaneous skipped beats taking a few magnesium tablets usually calms them down or eradicates them completely for a number of hours.

There are a lot of types

• Magnesium chloride
  • Magnesium sulfate
  • Magnesium citrate
  • Magnesium oxide
  • Magnesium glycinate
  • Magnesium orotate
  • Magnesium L-threonate
(source)

Each one seems to have it's own benefits and disadvantages.

Personally I've found citrate to be the most effective, however it's fairly hard on my stomach and I can only use it for a day or two. I usually use magnesium bisglycinate as it's easier on my stomach and effective too.

Don't over do it

Taking too much of anything can be a bad thing and magnesium is no exception. I've had strange heart episodes after taking too much over a few weeks. As getting a magnesium test isn't as straight forward as just asking for one I recommend staying strictly within the dosing limits on the label

Messages In This Thread
Using Magnesium for skipped beats - by admin - 05-03-2020, 05:44 PM